The Rustic Detail of Hand-Split Shakes.
Unsurpassed Strength Against the Elements.
The rustic beauty and architectural detail of a thick, rustic, hand-split wood shake can endure the elements with DECRA Shake XD. Even the best traditional wood shakes weather quickly and colours dull after normal exposure to the elements.
Traditional shakes require extensive maintenance and chemical treatments to preserve the original appearance and achieve even minimal fire resistance. Wet/dry cycles induce cupping and warping which results in loosening around the fasteners to such an extent that wood shakes aren’t warrantied against wind uplift at all, and walking on a wood shake roof for maintenance can often cause more problems than it solves.
DECRA Shake XD stands up to hail, rain, fire, storm debris, and even hurricane-force winds while retaining the new wood shake appearance in any climate.
Shake XD® Colour Options
Shake XD® Featured Homes
Standards & Testing:
- Fire – UL 790 (ASTM E108 – A, B & C)
- Fire – UL CAN/ULC-S107 (Canada)
- Hail – UL 2218 (Class 4)
- Uplift – UL 580 & UL 1897 – Class 90
- Shake Plus
- ISO9001:2008; OHSAS 18001; ISO 14001:2004
- Minimum Roof Pitch: 3:12
- Product Size: 14-1/8” x 52-1/8”
- Installed Exposure: 12-3/8″ x 49-7/8″
- Panels per Square: 23.4 per 100 sq. ft.
- Installed Weight: 150 lbs. per 100 sq. ft.
- Installation Method: Designed to be Installed Direct to Deck
DECRA products are Special Order.
Visit www.DECRA.com for product specifications and warranty information.
NOTE: Product and colour availability may vary by region. All warranties are through DECRA, Roof Centre does not manufacture this product. The information in this article is subject to change without notice. We assume no responsibility for errors that may appear in this article.